VISION, MISSION, & PURPOSE STATEMENT
VISION – Where do we want to go?
IBDPros Mentor Program positively impacts our members’ professional development in order to support their personal and professional growth.
MISSION – How will we get there?
IBDPros Mentors will meet and educate their Mentee on a predetermined frequency for a 6 month term with regular check-ins with the Program Leadership.
PURPOSE – Why do we do what we do?
IBDPros recognizes that like-minded people benefit from each other’s experiences and by sharing learnings and passing lessons on we can enjoy the benefits of our peers’ growth.
MENTOR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Share experiences and expertise as appropriate
- Introduce Mentee to rest of IBDPros (if applicable)
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback confidentially
- Share knowledge about developing a career path
- Help to define expectations/outcomes
- Assist in developing goals and an action plan
- Suggests ways to respond to difficult situations
- Help mentee develop contacts and identify resources
MENTEE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns the mentoring relationship
- Manages meeting schedule with Mentor
- Determine objectives: skills, knowledge, and/or goals that you want to achieve and communicate them to your mentor
- Bring up new topics that are important to you at any point and give feedback to your mentor
- Develop goals and action plan with Mentor
- Maintains confidentiality in interactions
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
- All participants must be members of IBDPros
- The formal program will last 6 months
- Both Mentors and Mentees sign up thru the online marketing document
- Two (2) hours/month minimum – two (2) meetings/month recommended
- Each group identifies 3 goals
- Each group has a 30 day check-in to ensure a good fit
- Mentee creates an agenda prior to each meeting
- All conversations are 100% confidential and respectful
- Each group should look to identify best practices that can be shared with rest of group
- Each member will complete a Survey Monkey after the 6 month is complete
Mentor/Mentee Sign up form
Mentorship Program is for Members only. If you re not already logged in, please log-in below and then click here to sign up.